MENTAL DIVISIONS - Ten sets of numbers have to be mentally divided by a fixed digit numbers (no remainders left)
(There can be more than one attempt at this category with different sets of questions each time if time permits.)
||Number of Task
|Mental Division (10 digits by 5 digits)
Software: MEMORIAD™ Competition Software
- MEMORIAD™ Software generates ten sets of numbers to be divided by a given fixed digit numbers (no remainders left) to be divided mentally.
- The first digit of the numbers will not be zero.
- The answer must be the exact division of the given numbers.
- The competitor can enter the answer as dividing the given two numbers. However, he cannot write any clue information anywhere.
- Even though a competitor is free to use the full task time for his/her division stage, using less time is important if all ten divisions are correct. If all ten tasks are correct, the one who finishes the task in the shortest time is the winner.
- If the competitor is confident about his/her division, he/she must stop the calculation stage by fixing the calculation timer. As soon as he stops the calculation stage, the software closes the division stage and shows the results and score of that competitor on his screen (*).
- The competitor has three minutes to check his/her answers and mistakes when his/her calculation stage ends. Beyond that time software closes the result screen automatically.
- After completing the task, the competitor must wait silently until other competitors complete their tasks.
- If not all ten divisions are correct, the calculation time is considered as full time given no matter how much time the competitor spent for his calculation.
- When the full time is over, the software automatically ends the calculation stages of those who have not finished their calculation stages yet and shows the results of them on their screens. The competitors have three minutes to check their answers and mistakes. Beyond that time the software closes the result screen automatically (*).
(*) Memoriad™ Committee may decide to announce the all results after the end of the calculation stage for all competitors.
- "1" point is given for each correct answer.
- It does not matter how many wrong or correct digits are present if the answer is wrong. Therefore, partial points are not involved in this category.
- If the competitor completes his/her answers using less time than the time given, then the time used is recorded by the software. This condition is considered in case of the equality of the number of correct answers.
- If a competitor's number of correct answer is less than number of task, his/her calculation time is accepted as the full task time. The following formula is used by MEMORIAD™ Software to calculate the scores;
Points = c x T / t
t = calculation time in seconds
T = full task time
c = the number of correct answer
- In this category there can be more than one attempt. In case of more than one attempt are made, the best score obtained from all attempts will count.
- In case of any ties, the second best scores that are not equal decide the winner.